You all know me as a wedding photographer, but did you know that I’m also an Austin boudoir photographer? In fact, my full-wedding day package is now all-inclusive. This means not only do you get full wedding day coverage, but it includes an engagement session, as well as bridal portrait and boudoir sessions!
Don’t think you have to book me for your wedding to book a boudoir session. I offer these year-round and absolutely love doing them. Why?
Well, because I believe the best thing you can and will ever do for yourself is a boudoir session.
The Truth of the Matter Is …
We never give ourselves the credit we truly deserve. Despite how we might perceive ourselves, we are strong and beautiful. These sessions are such an amazing way to prove to ourselves just how gorgeous and worthy we are. Not to mention the amount of work we take to make ourselves look, but even more, FEEL good!
Another question and issue I often hear is about age and body type. There is no right or wrong age, body type, etc. All ages, all body types, all situations are beautiful! Do not let anyone, especially yourself, ever tell you otherwise.
And boudoir sessions aren’t just gifts for your partners, although I’m sure they’d love to be gifted with these photos. Do it for yourself! Take time out for some “me” time. Get pampered, buy or wear something that makes you feel beautiful. Let’s put on those heels and have some fun! It’s a chance to feel empowered, and to see yourself in a whole new light.
Austin Boudoir Photographer
As an Austin boudoir photographer, my goal is to help you realize how amazing you are and to bring out all your inner and outer beauty. I want you to feel comfortable and just have fun.
I had the pleasure of spending the day with four beautiful ladies at the lovely Grand Lady. First of all, let me say, that this venue is gorgeous! And provides so many different rooms and backdrops for any type of session.
**Sidenote, when booking your session with me, I will give recommendations on locations depending on what you’re envisioning. A lot of my clients choose to do the sessions in the comfort of their own home. Some prefer to go for a more outdoorsy look, while others prefer a more boho or modern look and feel. Depending on what you’re looking for and wanting, I can help you achieve that!**
Not only did we have the most perfect venue, but the very best of the best glamour squad: Riev Beauty and Styles by V (LV Beauty). They have been a part of most of my personal sessions as well as quite a few of my styled shoots. I know and love them, and knew they would be the perfect ladies for the job. And I was right! Just look how gorgeous the below women are:
Being a violinist, she brought hers to pose with. I always welcome props to any session, and the more personal, the better!
Because the Grand Lady is private and isolated, we were even able to take advantage of the beautiful lighting on the balcony:
Tips for Prepping for Your Boudoir Session
Immediately After Booking:
- Find or get two outfits you’re comfortable wearing. I recommend a matching lingerie set and maybe one button-down looser/bigger shirt (like your significant other’s) or a robe. If you need help choosing, let me know! Make sure the outfits make you feel beautiful and confident!
2. Pick out at least one pair of heels. Black is classic and the most popular choice. We can also go barefoot but it’ll require a lot of pointing your toes (we love that lean, elegant look!)
3. If you want props, I welcome them! Some of the most popular ones are long necklaces (like pearls or a simple long drop necklace), a furry/shaggy blanket, black knee-high stockings, etc.
The Week of:
2. Stay away from salty food and alcohol, and anything that might cause you to feel bloated.
3. Pick out music you’d like to listen to and we can play it during our session.
4. If you’re going to tan, get a manicure and/or pedicure, etc., I recommend doing it the week-of instead of last minute.
The Day Before:
1. Set aside all outfits and shoes so they’re on hand and ready to wear. I recommend keeping them on hangers and steaming them ahead of time so no wrinkles are noticeable.
2. Get a good night’s rest (8 hours is recommended, but you know your body best).
The Day Of:
1. Wear LOOSE clothing the day of your session so you don’t have bra, panty, socks, and/or yoga/jean pants-lines!
2. Eat something light (filling but nothing that makes you feel bloated or gross) and bring water and snacks with you!
3. Wear clear, spray, or no deodorant (we don’t want that clumpy, white under the armpits).
4. Most important: be you!
5. Relax and let’s have fun!